Discouragement and Pride
Two of the most basic problems in our spiritual lives are discouragement and pride. How can we deal honestly and humbly with the problems of life?
- Problem of not having enough confidence
- Less confident of God's loves and justice than we should be.
- I John 4:17-19
- I John 5:13
- John 10:28-29
- I John 4:4
- Philippians 4:13
- Problem of having too much confidence in self
- Rarely consider God's love and justice because we are not convinced we need it.
- Luke 18:11-12
- Psalm 19:12-14
- Psalm 139: 23-24
- We must sober up and realize our weakness and vulnerability to sin.
- I Corinthians 10:12
- II Corinthians 13:5
- Ephesians 5:15-16
3. THE SOLUTION TO BOTH PROBLEMS - - THE CROSS
- The cross humbles us and encourages us
- Romans 5:6-8
- Galatians 2:20-21
- Romans 8:31-39
- In Christ, arrogance and fear are replaced with gratitude and joy.
- Matthew 5:3
- II Corinthians 5:14-17